December 31, 2013
By Derek C.
Health : Holidays
Health Holidays really get to all of us. Think about it, there is no where on a holiday where you can go without eating. I remember when I was at my aunts house, Lake Tahoe 96. She had the family over, turned on the fireplace, had me set the table, while all the guests where showing up. She had spent a long long time preparing the food. For that she wanted something out of it, a little respect perhaps. She wanted everyone to like her food. So when the guests came and sat down at the table to eat it was madness! I mean high school peer pressure is nothing to having your family member pour pounds of food on your plate and forcing you to eat it! So how do you really keep health holidays alive? Do health Holidays really exist? Or does it mean to do a health holiday regime you have to upset a family member. ¬† Well Health Holidays can exist without upsetting anyone, but read below what to do!¬†
HEALTH HOLIDAY TIPS:
1. Dont Let Anyone put food on your plate. Get food yourself. This will eliminate your family members giving you pounds of chicken,pork,salad, and all the other good stuff. Remember most people dont care about health on holidays, so they won’t care how much food your eating .
2.Fast,Fast,Fast! Go on a Lemon Diet a WEEK before the holidays come up. This will kill tons of pounds and when you eat it back up on the holidays you will be your normal self.
3. Never eat extras! Don’t fall into that mudhole or you will put on massive unhealthy lbs!
4. Eat only 1 PLATE. Not one plate for salad, one plate for appetizers, and then the meal. One plate for all. This will eliminate tons of holiday food and give you great holiday health.
5. Drink 1 glass of water right before you eat and go for the greens! This will kill your appetite before you start so you only eat what you really really like. Instead of filling your plate with unwanted food then having to eat it since its on ¬†your plate.
6. Be helpful! By being helpful to others you won’t focus on eating all the time!
7. ¬†Do NOT tell anyone that your not going to eat! This will upset everyone and you will get that “its only a holiday, Its only one time” speech. Then your holiday health regime will be soon to end. So you’re better off!
8. Be the last to get food. (Because most of the stuff will be gone) 🙂
9. Cut out the ranches,mayos, and too much salt. Never good for your health.
10. Don’t go crazy with the bread!
11. Count your calories! It will scare you, but you have an idea how many calories you are eating and how many you have planned to eat in your health regime right before.
So be safe, Be Health, Enjoy The Holidays, Make Memories, and have Great Health Holidays!¬†